Through my activities in an an Environmental blog: Enviroman Says and my activities in Freecycle, campaign to keep usable items out of the landfills, I have come across TreeHugger, a very popular environmental site.


Now here comes rssHugger, a site that helps bring visitors to your blogs and surfers find blogs on subjects that they are interested in. rssHugger says they use the power of the environmentally friendly Internet and viral marketing to bring blog authors and blog readers together.

How does rssHugger works to bring about the above objectives? Truthfully speaking, I do not know yet. But I am a retired scientist, and scientists do experiments and research. That is what I am going to do. I will experiment with rssHugger and now after a long absence from my account with Statcounter, I will now have to start checking this blog statistics again.

Just in case some of you get uneasy about my mention of Statcounter, a free visitor counter, I would like to assure you Statcounter is only a hit counter which track hits to a website by putting cookies into your computer plus get information about what screen resolution, operating system, web browser, IP address of the visitors. It does not collect any personal identifiable details like your name, home address, etc., and is not a spyware although some time ago, its cookies are identified as spyware cookies by AdAware. I believe they have stopped that now as
AdAware have finally come to the conclusions cookies from Statcounter are not spyware cookies.

How does one gets to participate in rssHugger? You either write an honest review of rssHugger on your blog like this one or pay a one time review fee of $20 for participation of 10 years. I am afraid I am a pensioner who still have a son to put through college on my pension plus by nature, is a penny pincher. So here is the review which unfortunately is not much of a review as I am not in the program yet. The owner of rssHugger will personally check your blog for quality before accepting your blog into the program as he obviously is interested in quality, not quantity.

As I am keen to do this test, I have to make sure that this blog gets accepted into this interesting first ever program. I will thus have to somehow convince him this is a quality blog. I want to bring to his (and any other visitors) attention to the fact that this blog got listed in DMOZ, the most important directory (click BACK button to get back to this page) and the hardest to get listed, and this was without even submitting the blog to DMOZ. And the human editor who did this is not the only one who are of the opinion that this blog in very informative. You can check what grateful bloggers says about Blogger Tips and Tricks (click BACK button to get back to this page). By the way, that compilation was not compiled to boast, but the reason is given right at the top of the post.

Well, if this blog gets accepted into rssHugger, I will then have to update this post with some statistics, etc. Let's see how it goes.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comment

Post a Comment

Join Paypal Get $1.000,00

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Join Feed

You can subscribe article that I write at blog this via email, to subscribe your email address entry at form following:

Delivered by FeedBurner